The meeting scheduled for May 13th has been Canceled. See everyone next month!
The Surveyor’s Association of West Jersey will have It’s first dinner meeting of the year, this Thursday April 8th. Yes its long time and we hope to get back to normal so come out and join us.
Carlucci’s Waterfront (Mt. Laurel) 7PM. Cost $35
All are deeply saddened by the recent loss of Mike Burns PLS on Jan.30, 2021. Mike was a member NJSPLS and chapter member of SAWJ . Mike was active in SAWJ an inspiration to all in the survey community routinely providing presentations for the membership. He will be truly missed.
His obituary can be found at the following link : https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/19841528/Michael-Burns
Calling all students! It’s time to get your NJSPLS scholarship applications completed for the March 1, 2021 deadline. The following scholarships are available to New Jersey residents studying at an accredited in active pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree in Surveying or related fields such as Cartography or Geodesy, etc. Preference will be given to applicants enrolled as full-time students.
The available scholarships are:
- Dr. Josh Greenfeld Scholarship ($2,500):This annual scholarship was established to honor Dr. Greenfeld, who served as the first head of NJIT’s Survey Program.The deadline for application is March 1, 2021.
- The NJSPLS/NSPS National Scholarship ($5,000): The application is available from NSPS on their website and NJSPLS Scholarship Committee selects the recipient. Preference is given to New Jersey students. Deadline for this scholarship application is January 22, 2021.
- The NSPS Walter Robillard Scholarship ($2,500): The application is available from NSPS on their website and the recipient is chosen by NSPS. Deadline for this scholarship application is January 22, 2021.
- The NJSPLS/Michael Galante Military Service Scholarship. This award is given to honor those students who currently serve or have completed service in any branch of the military.The scholarship is available to the children of fallen or disabled veterans as well.The deadline for application is March 1, 2021.
- NJSPLS Scholarships are also given to qualified students. The amounts awarded range from $500-$2,000.The deadline for application is March 1, 2021.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for multiple scholarships.
NSPS applications are to be made directly to NSPS, following their guidelines and deadlines. Please pay careful attention as their application deadline is Friday, January 22, 2021. The applications must be postmarked or received by email by that date.
NJSPLS Scholarship applications can be downloaded from the NJSPLS website under the “Education” tab or click here: NJSPLS Scholarships. NEW THIS YEAR — Completed applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org The NJSPLS Scholarship Foundation is honored to promote the surveying profession. We urge students to apply for the scholarships, especially those who attend NJIT, Rowan University and the N.J. Community Colleges.
After a long absence. The Surveyors Association will have its monthly meeting at Carlucci’s Waterfront in Mt Laurel at 7 PM.
Their will be no guest speaker at this meeting and due to Covid Restrictions we may be meeting at Carlucci’s outside facilities. Hope to see you there.
The SAWJ September meeting is canceled.
Our SAWJ meeting for this September has been canceled. But it appears things are looking up and we most likely will be meeting next month Thursday Oct., 8th.
Members: Due to the COVID Restrictions, we are continuing to cancel meetings until further notice. Please keep checking our website for updates. Thank you
We hope you are all doing well during the current crisis. Please see the message below from NJSPLS regarding the Shutdown Order as it pertains to Land Surveying.
Surveying Exempt from Shutdown Order
The New Jersey State Police has informed us that Governor Murphy’s Shutdown Order DOES NOT APPLY TO LAND SURVEYING. Land surveying is viewed as part of the construction industry and is considered an essential service.
Please continue to practice all safety procedures to include social distancing.
The Surveyors Association of West Jersey will be having its monthly dinner meeting and presentation on Thursday March 12th at 7PM at Carlucci’s Waterfront in Mount Laurel.
This months guest speaker will be Ben Jarrett with Geomatrix, LLC
Carlucci’s Waterfront is located at 876 Centerton Rd, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054-1611
Geomatix provides drone services and remote sensing for industry and enterprise customers. We specialize in 3D mapping and modeling as well as asset inspection.
Geomatix, a drone service provider company in central Jersey, will make a presentation about the potential drone use in the survey industry.
Geomatix will present on when and how drones can be integrated into traditional surveying workflows.
Geomatix is focused primarily on using photogrammetry to generate point clouds and georeferenced maps for line work and topography and will share some examples of drone applications.