The meeting scheduled for May 13th has been Canceled. See everyone next month!
The Surveyor’s Association of West Jersey will have It’s first dinner meeting of the year, this Thursday April 8th. Yes its long time and we hope to get back to normal so come out and join us.
Carlucci’s Waterfront (Mt. Laurel) 7PM. Cost $35
All are deeply saddened by the recent loss of Mike Burns PLS on Jan.30, 2021. Mike was a member NJSPLS and chapter member of SAWJ . Mike was active in SAWJ an inspiration to all in the survey community routinely providing presentations for the membership. He will be truly missed.
His obituary can be found at the following link : https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/19841528/Michael-Burns
Calling all students! It’s time to get your NJSPLS scholarship applications completed for the March 1, 2021 deadline. The following scholarships are available to New Jersey residents studying at an accredited in active pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree in Surveying or related fields such as Cartography or Geodesy, etc. Preference will be given to applicants enrolled as full-time students.
The available scholarships are:
- Dr. Josh Greenfeld Scholarship ($2,500):This annual scholarship was established to honor Dr. Greenfeld, who served as the first head of NJIT’s Survey Program.The deadline for application is March 1, 2021.
- The NJSPLS/NSPS National Scholarship ($5,000): The application is available from NSPS on their website and NJSPLS Scholarship Committee selects the recipient. Preference is given to New Jersey students. Deadline for this scholarship application is January 22, 2021.
- The NSPS Walter Robillard Scholarship ($2,500): The application is available from NSPS on their website and the recipient is chosen by NSPS. Deadline for this scholarship application is January 22, 2021.
- The NJSPLS/Michael Galante Military Service Scholarship. This award is given to honor those students who currently serve or have completed service in any branch of the military.The scholarship is available to the children of fallen or disabled veterans as well.The deadline for application is March 1, 2021.
- NJSPLS Scholarships are also given to qualified students. The amounts awarded range from $500-$2,000.The deadline for application is March 1, 2021.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for multiple scholarships.
NSPS applications are to be made directly to NSPS, following their guidelines and deadlines. Please pay careful attention as their application deadline is Friday, January 22, 2021. The applications must be postmarked or received by email by that date.
NJSPLS Scholarship applications can be downloaded from the NJSPLS website under the “Education” tab or click here: NJSPLS Scholarships. NEW THIS YEAR — Completed applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com The NJSPLS Scholarship Foundation is honored to promote the surveying profession. We urge students to apply for the scholarships, especially those who attend NJIT, Rowan University and the N.J. Community Colleges.
After a long absence. The Surveyors Association will have its monthly meeting at Carlucci’s Waterfront in Mt Laurel at 7 PM.
Their will be no guest speaker at this meeting and due to Covid Restrictions we may be meeting at Carlucci’s outside facilities. Hope to see you there.
The SAWJ September meeting is canceled.
Our SAWJ meeting for this September has been canceled. But it appears things are looking up and we most likely will be meeting next month Thursday Oct., 8th.
Members: Due to the COVID Restrictions, we are continuing to cancel meetings until further notice. Please keep checking our website for updates. Thank you
We hope you are all doing well during the current crisis. Please see the message below from NJSPLS regarding the Shutdown Order as it pertains to Land Surveying.
Surveying Exempt from Shutdown Order
The New Jersey State Police has informed us that Governor Murphy’s Shutdown Order DOES NOT APPLY TO LAND SURVEYING. Land surveying is viewed as part of the construction industry and is considered an essential service.
Please continue to practice all safety procedures to include social distancing.
Pennoni is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm founded more than five decades ago. We approach engineering challenges from a wider spectrum of angles than most, from land development to energy management. Our goal is to help communities and private sector clients alike navigate the ever-changing technological advancements available and learn how best to integrate “smart” solutions into the current landscape to make them a part of resilient and sustainable planning. Our combination of talent and experience generates unprecedented solutions for diverse and iconic projects around the globe.
Pennoni Associates is currently looking for a Project Surveyor to perform the following, but not limited to:
• Overseeing the professional supervision and management of the survey and survey mapping projects to achieve the profitability, safety, quality, and operations of the company
• Preparation of legal descriptions, easement descriptions, and estimates of survey needs
• Conducting boundary, ALTA, and topographic surveys, primarily as support for engineering projects
• Plan preparation and construction layout
• Scheduling field crews and ensuring project deadlines are met
• Client coordination and Proposal Preparation
• Plan review and Quality Control/Quality Assurance
• Staff Mentoring
• Degree Required: High School Diploma or higher
• Minimum years of experience: 4-7
• Computer skills required: AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
• License not required but is preferred:
• Good written and verbal skills
• Schedule coordination skills
• Ability to follow-up with client questions and comments
Why Work With Us?
At our core, we recognize that the unique qualities of our Pennoni individuals are essential for innovation and growth as a whole. Pennoni, an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, offers many opportunities to help you build your career. We continually strive to build a great workplace where our employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dennis S. DiBlasio, PLS , PP
515 Grove Street, Suite 1B | Haddon Heights, NJ 08035
Direct: +1 (856) 656-2865
www.pennoni.com | DDiBlasio@Pennoni.com