Calling all students! It’s time to get your NJSPLS scholarship applications completed for the March 1, 2021 deadline. The following scholarships are available to New Jersey residents studying at an accredited in active pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree in Surveying or related fields such as Cartography or Geodesy, etc. Preference will be given to applicants enrolled as full-time students.
The available scholarships are:
- Dr. Josh Greenfeld Scholarship ($2,500):This annual scholarship was established to honor Dr. Greenfeld, who served as the first head of NJIT’s Survey Program.The deadline for application is March 1, 2021.
- The NJSPLS/NSPS National Scholarship ($5,000): The application is available from NSPS on their website and NJSPLS Scholarship Committee selects the recipient. Preference is given to New Jersey students. Deadline for this scholarship application is January 22, 2021.
- The NSPS Walter Robillard Scholarship ($2,500): The application is available from NSPS on their website and the recipient is chosen by NSPS. Deadline for this scholarship application is January 22, 2021.
- The NJSPLS/Michael Galante Military Service Scholarship. This award is given to honor those students who currently serve or have completed service in any branch of the military.The scholarship is available to the children of fallen or disabled veterans as well.The deadline for application is March 1, 2021.
- NJSPLS Scholarships are also given to qualified students. The amounts awarded range from $500-$2,000.The deadline for application is March 1, 2021.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for multiple scholarships.
NSPS applications are to be made directly to NSPS, following their guidelines and deadlines. Please pay careful attention as their application deadline is Friday, January 22, 2021. The applications must be postmarked or received by email by that date.
NJSPLS Scholarship applications can be downloaded from the NJSPLS website under the “Education” tab or click here: NJSPLS Scholarships. NEW THIS YEAR — Completed applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org The NJSPLS Scholarship Foundation is honored to promote the surveying profession. We urge students to apply for the scholarships, especially those who attend NJIT, Rowan University and the N.J. Community Colleges.